The Student Days are starting on Saturday. I would like to provide you with some practical information: On the first day (Saturday) you will learn about particle simulations and how to implement your own simple solver. On
Sunday you will use MercuryDPM to do some more advanced simulations.
It would be handy if you can install MercuryDPM before Sunday; please install the developer’s version (‘Trunk’). If you are having problems there will be plenty of people around to help with the installation on the weekend. The installation instructions are available here: http://mercurydpm.org/downloads/Trunk
Other important information:
- Please bring your own laptop.
- The course will take place in the Horst, building 20 on this map: https://www.utwente.nl/download/campusmap.pdf. The IH marks the entrance.
- The room number is OH-211. Directions will be visible when you enter the building.
- The building will be accessible from 8.45.
- The course will be from 9.00-17.30 each day.
- Lunch will be provided. We have some extra sponsorship, so the lunch is now free!
- Saturday evening there is a barbecue. Again, this is free.
- Sunday will end with the welcome reception of the main conference in the UPark hotel.
Thomas Weinhart will be the teacher of the course, and there will be various other people helping out.